How is your business going? Are you finally going online? Are you happy with your current web hosting? Has your business grown?
Choosing quality and suitable web hosting for your website is very important. It totally will impact the performance of your business and, therefore, your profits.
There are factors to consider, but the starting point for you is to know your business objectives perfectly. Based on them, it is easier to define your needs.
If you are new on the scene or you are reconsidering web hosting alternatives, check this out!
Free or paid web hosting?
It’s up to your budget and the phase your business is. Free or cheap web hosting services can be enough for a portfolio, static page, or startup. For a bigger business with more complex needs (management of high traffic, daily transactions, bulletproof security, high speed, etc.), paid web hosting is a good investment.
What type of web hosting my business needs?
There are different web hosting choices for all kinds of businesses. Let’s see three common options the market offers.
- Shared hosting. Do you own a small business, startup, a personal site, WordPress blog, or a brochure site? This cost-effective solution can suit you. Many different websites besides yours share the same server, its tech resources, and the cost. Your site performance will impact others and the opposite. If the server gets hacked, you could be affected.If yours receives big traffic loads, this can make the other sites sluggish.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting. If your business is a medium-size or even big one, quality VPS could be for you. Here, the host server is split into several virtual servers, with their own resources, for hosting multiple websites but independently. So your site won’t be affected by others’ performance.
- Dedicated hosting. Are you already a big fish in banking, e-commerce, tech, etc.? Get a complete server with all its resources to host only your website. It is an expensive choice, but the benefits are great, higher speed, faster response time, constant uptime, etc. Dedicated hosting resources added to tech knowledge from your side to manage them have plenty of possibilities.
Take a look at the 5 best web hosting companies for 2021!
How to choose a web hosting provider?
You already defined your needs, the budget, and the type of web hosting. Now, you need to pick a quality provider of such service, considering the following factors in the plans they offer.
- High speed. Avoid sluggishness! Long waitings to respond to queries, long loading time push potential clients away. Negative users experience on your site can send you to the bottom of the search engines results, where nobody will see you.
- Modern security software. Hacking, DDoS attacks, etc., are nightmares nobody wants to experience. The more protection and prevention features a web host offers, the better. Advanced features could be expensive.
- Servers strategically located. Your website needs servers close to your market-s to avoid the annoying latency.
- High uptime. Constant downtime is poison for your business. It kills your traffic. Reliable providers know it, so they offer you a guarantee and even money back for the total downtime your site could suffer every year.
- Redundancy. You need alternatives to keep your website available and to avoid as much as possible outages.
- Trustable customer service. 24/7 support from experts is always welcome. Check the provider’s conditions and schedules.
Many factors are involved in the election of the most suitable web hosting for your business. But don’t worry, get stick to your business needs and take the proper time to go step by step, and you won’t get lost.
All these choices we talked about are really efficient and popular. To get the best results, the key is to choose the most suitable for your business.
Even having plenty of attractive and good quality suits to choose from, if you don’t try the proper size, the final result could be disappointing.